Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sinusitis Sucks

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night with a raging headache, unable to breathe through your nose. Or if you are lucky, then you skip the headache but instead wake up in the morning feeling completely exhausted, still unable to breathe through your nose. Well, welcome to my world :(

I have tried non-invasive surgery (using radiowaves) in 2008 at Prince Court Medical Centre but that only helped things for three months and then everything went back to 'normal'. Decongestants only sometimes work for me because my body has kind off gotten used to them. Having tried modern medical methods, I am now moving towards more natural, holistic methods to try my luck with.

First up is the twice daily salt water nose rinse. It is a hassle but hey, I am up for anything at this moment. Though I can never do it with a smile on my face like the lady below!


Second will be reflexology. Not the relaxation type, mind you, but the healing type which uses a wooden stick. I have read that it is very painful but I guess it just follows the adage, "no pain, no gain!" Dang. Hahaha.

Time to find a good reflexology centre nearby! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment